Happy Halloween everyone!! Today I have an easy vegetarian egg bake coming atcha. I don’t know about wherever you are, but yesterday was such a cold, gloomy, grey day in Denver. The weather originally called for snow most of the day, but it ended up really just being a steady drizzle all day. Whenever the weather is like that, I always crave my easy vegetarian egg bake. It makes for such a warm and nourishing breakfast!
Despite the disgusting weather, I still managed to make it to an early evening class at FIT Broadway. It was my first time at the gym and the class was absolutely insane. I was toast by the end. If you are in the Denver area, FIT Broadway is under the same ownership and at the same location as Crossfit Broadway, however the FIT Program they offer is more of a boot camp style workout. They offer a free week free or your first month for $75 if you want to check it out! I opted in for the first month, so I’ll keep reporting back.
Easy Vegetarian Egg Bake
Now onto the recipe! Below is the recipe for my easy vegetarian egg bake that is to die for. I know there are about a thousand egg bake recipes floating around on the internet, but this one is amazing. It’s packed with veggies, vitamins, protein, and healthy fats. Not to mention it is totally delicious and vegetarian, but it is also gluten free, dairy free, and totally Paleo friendly. This recipe can be made for a large group and eaten immediately or can make a great addition to your weekly meal prep!
Eggs (I use Vital Farms)
Green bell pepper
Orange bell pepper
Cherry tomatoes, cut in half
Large red onion, diced
Large sweet potato
Himalayan sea salt
Red chili flakes
Coconut oil or Ghee
- 12 eggs
- 1½ c almond milk
- 1 large sweet potato
- ½ large red onion
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 orange bell pepper
- 12 cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 2 c baby kale
- Coconut oil
- Himalayan sea salet
- Black pepper
- Red chili flakes
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- While oven is preheating chop sweet potatoes.
- Coat sweet potatoes in coconut oil, sprinkle with salt in pepper.
- Bake sweet potatoes for ~25 minutes or until soft.
- While sweet potatoes are baking, chop remaining veggies (except for the kale).
- Saute veggies until onion and peppers are soft.
- Grease a 9x13" baking dish with coconut oil and remove sweet potatoes from oven and veggies from stove.
- Distribute veggies and sweet potatoes evenly throughout baking dish.
- Chop kale and add on top of the veggies.
- In a large bowl crack 12 eggs, add almond milk.
- Add red chili flakes, black pepper, and salt to egg mixture to taste, stir until thoroughly combined.
- Pour egg mixture evenly over veggies.
- Bake at 375 for 30 minutes or until eggs are cooked through.
- Let cool for 5 minutes and serve!
Let me know if you make it in the comments below!! Happy Halloween, if you need me I’ll be stuffing my face with chocolate!