Hey there everyone! I planned on having a fantastic Paleo chocolate chip cookie recipe up on the blog for you today, but life happened yesterday. I had made the cookies before and they turned out amazing. Last night when I went to test them and photograph them, they fell apart. They were flat and kind of runny, but also hard and almost like a brittle at the same time. I’ll be reattempting those, but since I couldn’t salvage them, I decided to share with you all my two ingredient pancakes!
Recipes for two ingredient pancakes have been floating around the internet for years now. If anyone out there knows an original source, please let me know! They’ve been a staple in my life for so long know, I couldn’t even tell you where I first found them. I’ve tweaked the classic recipe to include a few more ingredients that I think give them a little extra pizzazz.
These two ingredient pancakes are one of my all-time favorite cozy, rainy Sunday recipes. They’re so easy, they take like 20 minutes, and the recipe can easily be adjusted to serve multiple people! I’ll usually double the recipe to include some pancakes for James and then we’ll choose our own toppings. Topping the pancakes with nut butters, granola, fruits, and carob chips or cacao nibs is a must.
Keep reading below for the full recipe!
Two Ingredient Pancakes
What you’ll need:
1 ripe to slightly over ripe banana (the riper, the easier for mashing)
Toppings of choice: nut butters, granola, nuts, fruit, carob chips, cacao nibs, maple syrup (all optional)
- 1 ripe to slightly over ripe banana
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp Baking powder
- ½ tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- Mash banana until lumps are mostly gone.
- Whisk in 1 egg until banana and egg are completely blended.
- Add in baking powder, vanilla, and cinnamon, mix together.
- Heat coconut oil over in pan over stove to grease pan.
- Pour batter onto pan in desired pancake size (the smaller, the easier to flip)
- Let cook for about 2 minutes or until batter starts to bubble, flip pancake cooking for another 1 - 2 minutes.
- Cook remaining batter, regreasing pan as needed.
- Add your toppings of choice and serve warm!
There you have it, easy and delicious two ingredient pancakes. Have you made these before? What secret ingredients do you add? What is your favorite way to top a pancake? Let me know if the comments section below!
Have a great Tuesday everyone!!