Hi friends! TGIF am I right? Does anyone have anything exciting planned this weekend? I have a pretty busy weekend lined up, but I am looking forward to it! Tonight is looking like a casual night in with my boyfriend, James. Tomorrow morning I am subbing at Fierce45 and then have a blogger meet up at High Ride Cycle. Sunday morning I teach at Fierce45 and then Sunday night James and I have tickets to the Broncos/Patriots game! James is a huge Pats fan and the tickets were an early Christmas present for him.
In honor of the weekend and football season, I have a Paleo Hot Wings Recipe for you! Wings are one of my favorite foods. There is seriously nothing better than good wings, a drink, and a good football game on Saturday or Sunday. However, they leave a little to be desired in the health department.
I got creative in the kitchen and came up with these Paleo Hot Wings that are to die for. Serve them with a side of carrots, celery, and Primal Kitchen Ranch and you can’t even tell that they’re good for you! The recipe calls for 1.5 lbs of wings, but can easily be double or even tripled to match the size of your crowd.
Paleo Hot Wings
What You’ll Need
1.5 lbs of organic, all-natural, bone in chicken wings
1/4 cup cassava flour
1 tsp Himalayan sea salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp paprika
1 clove garlic
4 tbsp ghee
1/4 cup Frank’s Red Hot Sauce (or your favorite Paleo hot sauce)
- 1.5 lbs organic, all-natural, bone in chicken wings
- ¼ c cassava flour
- 1 tsp Himalayan sea salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp paprika
- 1 clove garlic
- 4 tbsp ghee
- ½ c Frank's Red Hot Sauce (or your favorite Paleo hot sauce)
- Preheat oven to 450 F.
- Clean chicken, removing excess fat, and separating wings at joints.
- Combine flour, salt, pepper, chili powder, and paprika in a large mixing bowl.
- Mince garlic and place to the side.
- Lightly coat each wing in flour mixture, knocking off any excess.
- Place wings on baking sheet ~1 inch apart.
- Bake for 32 minutes, flipping halfway.
- When wings have ~5 minutes remaining in the oven, begin preparing sauce.
- Melt ghee over the stove on a medium heat, adding in garlic, and hot sauce. Stir to avoid burning.
- Once sauce begins to bubble, remove from stove pour over wings in large mixing bowl. Coat wings evenly in sauce.
- Serve with Primal Kitchen's Ranch and some veggies on the side!
I hope you enjoy these Paleo Hot Wings! They passed my taste test and James’ with flying colors and we are both huge wing critics! Let me know if you make them! Who are you cheering for this football season? Are you a college fan or an NFL fan? I’m a Jets fan and James is a Pats fan (a house divided)! We both prefer NFL to college, but will always be up to watch college with friends. Share your answers in the comments below!