Happy Thursday everyone!! So sorry for my absence around the blog this week, it was not intentional. I flew out to Boston on Sunday night after the Broncos/Patriots came and was so exhausted on Monday morning. I had planned to type up a blog post before heading to the work event I had, but the red eye got the best of me and I had to sleep it off. Yesterday, my flight was delayed coming back and things were just a mess. Oh well, I am here now!
Today I am sharing my new Fudgey Paleo Pumpkin Muffins, they are to die for. I have been playing around with a paleo pumpkin muffin for a while now and they have just turned out so fudgey and gooey every time, delicious! Before I share though, I want to have real talk with you guys.
You know those weeks where you just totally feel off? I have been having one of those since early last week and I totally know why, but I still want to discuss. I have been subbing at Fierce45 way too much lately. I love it and I feel bad saying no when I have the time, but I need to remember that just because I “have time” doesn’t mean that’s how I should spend it. Coaching (while a side gig/hobby) is still a job, it’s very draining, and I need to say no sometimes. Between my full time job, subbing so much, fitting in time with my friends, and James, I have had zero seconds for myself. I’ve only worked out 3 times since last Monday and I have been eating like crap.
I am focusing my attention to myself for the rest of the week. I’m going to be spending sometime on self-care (manicure time!) and figuring out how to better prioritize December and January so this doesn’t happen again. Especially during the holidays it is so easy to get caught up in life, that you forget to take a few minutes to breathe. But breathing is SO important, especially during the holidays.
Now that I have successfully rambled on about my life and latest struggles, let me share with you my paleo pumpin muffins! These paleo pumpkin muffins are so fudgey and delicious. You would have NO idea that they aren’t gluten free, dairy free, paleo friendly, and Whole 30 compliant. James and I ate them for breakfast over the weekend and when I got home from my work trip Tuesday night, they were gone. Boyfriend approved (not that hard to do, James is the least picky eater I know).
Keep reading below for my paleo pumpkin muffins and let me know if you try them out!
Paleo Pumpkin Muffins
What You’ll Need:
Himalayan sea ssalt
- 1¾ c cassava flour
- ½ tsp Himalayan sea salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 c coconut sugar
- 1 can pumpkin
- .5 c coconut oil (melted)
- 2 eggs
- 3 tbsp flax seed meal
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Line 12-cup muffin pan with liners
- Combine dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg) in a large mixing bowl. Once thoroughly combined, set to the side.
- Melt coconut oil in microwave and stir, make sure all lumps are gone.
- Combine wet ingredients (pumpkin, sugar, melted coconut oil, egg, and flax meal) in a medium mixing bowl. Stir until combine and all lumps are gone.
- Add wet ingredients to dry slowly, mixing as you pour.
- Stir the batter for a few minutes, really making sure everything has combined into one batter.
- Add batter to muffin tray (you should have the perfect about for 12).
- Baking for 20 - 24 minutes, until toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool and enjoy!
That’s it folks! Let me know if you try them and I hope you have a fabulous day!