Oh my gosh! It has been far too long since I have posted and I am so sorry about that. Life got in the way over these past few weeks! Between Thanksgiving travel, work travel, and just trying to keep up with life, I haven’t had a spare second to keep up with the blog. Things are a bit slower over the next few weeks and I am really trying to build out some great content for you all. Stay tuned!
I wanted my first post back to be awesome and I think I managed to make that happen. I’m heading up to Aspen this weekend with some friends and wanted to bring along a treat for everyone. A treat for my friends and great blog content, seemed like a recipe for success. I pulled this recipe out of thin air and I was a little nervous that it wouldn’t turn out, but boy did it.
Today I have for you Hot Cocoa Brownies. They are gluten free, vegan, and paleo friendly, and you can’t even tell. My friend Gardner, who is not gluten free, vegan, or paleo, had nothing but great reviews for them. Keep reading below for the recipe!
Hot Cocoa Brownies
What you will need:
Ground flax meal
Vegan Marshmallows (home made or store bought)
- 1¼ c coconut oil
- 2¼ c coconut sugar
- 1½ c cacao powder
- ½ tsp Himalayan sea salt
- 4 flax eggs (1 tbsp flax meal + 2.5 tbsp water)
- 2 c cassava flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 c cacao chips
- 1½ c marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Heat coconut oil over stove or in microwave until liquid.
- Add coconut sugar to coconut oil and combine (should be thick consistency).
- Combine cacao powder, salt, flax eggs, and baking powder together.
- Add coconut sugar and oil to cacao powder, salt, flax, eggs, and baking powder.
- Stir in flour. Should be a thick, slightly oily consistency.
- Add in 1 cup of cacao chips and ¾ cup of marshmallows.
- Pour batter into 9x13 baking dish (greased).
- Bake for 35 minutes.
- Let cool for 1 hour.
- Cut and transfer to fridge for 1 hour.
- Serve and enjoy! Store in fridge for up to 7 days.
There you have it! I hope you enjoy these hot cocoa brownies!! I’ll be back with a new post soon, promise 🙂